Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Alice In Wonderland




I thought it was so interesting this week in class, how we everything in Alice has such a meaning. I have been noticing this a lot about children's literature. Most of the stories I have heard before, but there is so much more to the stories than I ever knew! Alice in Wonderland has been portrayed in so many different ways, so I thought I would research them. I found out that even the way people thought Alice just simply looked vary so much! Here are some of my favorites I found:

First the one we all recognize, the Disney Alice. This is the picture to the top left. Honestly, this one creeps me out the least. It is happy and normal. The Alice I think of when I think of Alice in Wonderland.

Next, is the scary Alice. This is the what I would imagine when people describe the Alice in the "drug world" of Wonderland. Frankly, I wouldn't want to come in cantat with this Alice.

Last, there is my favorite. It is is the right hand part of the post. I call her "Pretty Alice". This is the Alice I would want to be and the Wonderland I want to visit!

No comments: