Wednesday, March 26, 2008

POETRY!

One thing I regret so much growing up is never being read poetry! My parents were wonderful encouragers of readers, but poetry was never really read to us. We had exciting stories and fun books, but never poetry. It is exciting that I have been given an opportunity to be exposed to these fun poems! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Child's Anthology of Poems and I can't wait to have this book on my own children's shelf. I can't wait to read these poems to my children. I felt like a little kid as I read these poems. I laughed at the silliest things, but they just made me REALLy happy!Sitting in class, I remember hearing Mrs. Robinson talk about how much her boys thought Boa Constrictor was HILARIOUS! I can't wait to have moments like this with my kids. I can't wait for them to fall in love with poetry.

No comments: