Friday, March 07, 2008

Ramona Quimby, Age 8


As I was trying to figure out the next outside reading I wanted to explore. I thought long and hard about what I loved when I was a child. Then I remembered Ramona! For some reason I always think of my sister. I imagined my sister as Ramona when I think about what she'd he like if she was real. She is sassy, fun, and oh so tough. Beverly Cleary is BRILLIANT at creating this "Ramona World". Kids LOVE her! I want to meet her!

A little insight into the book. It is the adventure o the first year that Ramona gets to ride the school bus to school. But, now that Dad is going back to college and Mom has to work full time she stays with Howie's grandmother after school. That wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for Willa Jean.

Remember when you were 8 years old and there was the snotty 4 or 5 year old who thought they knew everything. Well that is Willa Jean, and since Ramona is the know-it-all she doesn't like it at all! My favorite part is when Willa Jean make Ramona play "castle" and she is the princess which leaves Ramona to be the prince....

No comments: